Tanning Tips When You Are Going Under the Sun
Hot days and cool nights could only mean one thing i.e., its summer. With summer, many people prefer to sport the summer glow. Amid all the excitement, it is very important to have safe tanning.
As soon as the summer approaches, many teens and adults crave to get the sun-kissed look. Tanning not only helps them to look beautiful and attractive but also helps them to get a glowing skin. However, according to a study conducted by American Academy of Dermatology, teens are more vulnerable to skin cancer as the cells of their body are hanging at a faster rate and also they are not using and sunscreen lotion. Also, overexposure to sunlight can cause wrinkles, age spots, and texture change.
Basic Tanning Tips
Following these basic tanning tips can help youngsters to reduce the risk of getting affected by skin cancer.
- Make sure that your whole body is covered with sunscreen lotion in order to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays.
- If you are going to take a bath after a tanning session makes sure your sunscreen has got waterproof properties.
- Whatever may be the complexion of your skin, when you are going out make sure the SPF content of your sunscreen should be 15.
- Always protect your eyes and lips from tanning. Try to use SPF bases lip balms
- Pick up a gradual tanner if you aren’t good at applying self-tanner.
- In case, you have a dark colored skin opt for a light self-tanning formula. It would give the skin a rich, warm tone.
- Always select a self-tanner on the basis of texture. You can go for liquids or fast dry mousse.
However, you should not use oil-based moisturizer before self-tanning as it can get in the way of tan. Don’t let the tan to get patchy. Hence, moisturizer should be applied when you are not tanning. In case of any self-tanning mistake, don’t panic. Just take shower and re-tan when you are dry.Read More